Finding the perfect gift for the tennis-loving man or woman in your life can be as thrilling as a match point at Wimbledon. Whether they are an aspiring novice or a seasoned player, this guide offers you a curated selection of tennis gifts for him and tennis gifts for her. Now, when I say this is a curated guide, I truly mean it. I myself would be up in seventh heaven if I get one of these as a gift.
So yes, in short, I will be helping you score points with your partner in 2024. 😉
Let’s get into the top picks for tennis gifts for him and tennis gifts for her. These are split into 5 categories. Let’s have a look.
Essential Tennis Gear
- Rackets: If you know your partner’s equipment, then a tennis racket will surely be a nice addition. Of course, if you are not sure of the racket’s specs, steer clear of this, you don’t want to end up giving them something which they won’t feel comfortable using. Here’s a guide of how to buy a tennis racket and all the spec you need to look out for!
- Tennis Bags: Every serious tennis player must have one of these. A tennis bag is the place where you keep all your tennis gear and essentials for the match. Are they in need for an upgrade? Maybe her current tennis bag is too small, or he tore his tennis bag? You can easily pick out something that suits their liking from Tennis Point or Tennis Warehouse.
- Tennis Shoes: A comfortable and stable tennis shoes is a critical piece of equipment. They will be using this, FOR SURE! Whether they like Nike’s exotic designs or Babolat’s sturdy soles, be sure to get one that is suitable to the court’s surface that they plays on. A clay-court shoes is not the same as an all-court shoes! don’t fall in that trap.
Training Aids and Gadgets
- Swing Analysers: If your boyfriend or girlfriend are tech-savvy, then a tennis sensor, tracker or gadget is surely a nice gift. Some of the best gadgets include Pulse Play, Babolat POP, Turing Serve Pivot & Zepp’s Tennis Swing Analyser.
- Tennis Ball Machines: Albeit being a bit on the expensive spectrum for the guide tennis gifts for him, a ball machine is a great way to help your tennis-loving partner practise. Some great brands for these machines include Lobster, Tennis Tutor and Slinger.
- Fitness Trackers: A fitness tracker nowadays tracks not just steps and calories but also provides detailed tennis activity tracking. There are numerous trackers and wearables out there – in fact, one great tracker which doesn’t have a heavy price tag is the Xiaomi Mi Band 8.
Apparel and Accessories
- Performance Apparel: Yes, maybe this one is a bit obvious, but you can never underestimate the comfort that proper sportwear can bring to a tennis player’s game.
- Compression Gear: Compression sleeves from Under Armour aid in muscle recovery and performance. These are very helpful, and I am saying this from my experience. They help you minimise the risk of injuries all while ensuring that you can maintain your performance at peak levels. If you are thinking of buying one of these, make sure to know your partner’s size – afterall the garment will be fitted tightly, so size is a great factor to consider.
- Tennis-Themed Accessories: Be it a tennis mug, tennis-related wall art or maybe tennis jewellery, you will always find something that won’t break your bank from Amazon.
Personalized Tennis Gifts
- Customized Rackets and Gear: Personalise a racket with his or her name or their quote for a special touch. Your girl will surely love this and if you’re thinking about getting something of this sort for your guy? Just do it, guys appreciate having a personalised toy.
- Engraved Water Bottles: Maybe for a guy, having a personalised water bottle is a bit extra, maybe he likes it. In the end, it all boils down to personal preferences. But almost every female under the age of 30 own a stainless-steel water bottle with her initials. So if she doesn’t have one, this might be a great opportunity to keep her hydrated in style.
- Monogrammed Towels: A high-quality towel with his or her initials is both practical and thoughtful. A simple yet thoughtful gift, amazing!
- Skincare: Ok, maybe men don’t really go into a lot of detail in such products. The truth is, tennis players spend a lot of time under the sun, so sunscreens and lotions specially formulated for athletes might not be a bad idea. Don’t you think so?
- Gift Cards: Can you mention a gift that provides more flexibility to choose his or her favourite items from a tennis store than a gift car? I’ll wait.
Books and Media for Tennis Lovers
- Instructional Books: ‘Winning Ugly’ by Brad Gilbert offers strategic insights into playing smarter tennis. There’s also ‘String Theory, On Tennis’ by David Foster Wallace. These books will provide more understanding of what is tennis and how to improve their skills on and off the tennis court.
- Biographies: ‘Rafa: My Story’ gives an intimate look into the life of Rafael Nadal & Andre Agassi’s Open is a great autobiography that delves into great detail about tennis and how it affected his life. Also, ‘Unstoppable: My Life So Far‘ by Maria Sharapova is an inspiring read that many female players love.
Always keep in mind that a tennis-related gift does not need to be bombastic. Choosing the right gift for a tennis player or enthusiast simply means understanding their passion for the game. Irrespective of whether the gift enhances play, comfort, or is simply a nice gadget. Such gifts are sure to bring joy and appreciation.
I hope this tennis gifts for him and tennis gifts for her guide was helpful, and if you need any more help, get in touch with me!